Sunday 8 January 2012

Lemon Meringue Pie...


As always with culinary experiments where one completely ignores all known recipes and just goes for it things don't always go to plan. The taste however was brilliant even though the meringue wasn't given enough time in the oven nor was it whisked for long enough looking at the resulting structure. Next time I make this I'm going to do it *after* I have bought a new mixer as I whisked this for a good 20 minutes (with a bit of help from the kids) and it still wasn't as fluffy as it should have been.


I cheated a bit and used frozen pastry (which I blind baked in the oven first) and a jar of lemon curd to make this - then used 2 egg whites and 140 grammes (that's just about 5 oz) of caster sugar which I beat for ages in a bowl I'd wiped with lemon juice first to make sure any grease left in the bowl would be removed and not spoil the meringue. i then baked it for a bit in the oven. Not the best of methods as the resulting meringue wasn't completely cooked through (though the part that was cooked was divine!) So if you want to re-create this I'd advise looking for a real recipe lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.