Sunday 7 June 2015

Celtic Wolf - WIP post 32 - The Wolf is back!

The last time you saw Celtic Wolf was on the 21st of March and he looked like this. I found that I didn't like how things were going with the beading - going with the curve of the neck, which seemed more logical for dragon scale beads. I tried other things but nothing I tried looked right so I decided it was time to accept that wolf wanted to be all cross stitch.

I took some time trying out different things to see what I liked and spent some time tweaking it. Then I let him sit and gave myself time to forget so I could look at him with fresh eyes - it slows down the process of design but I find that sometimes if I give myself this gap I can more easily see if something I've designed works or not.
Last night I bit the bullet and started stitching. I did some of the gold grid work in E667 and then filled one of the squares in with Kreinik very fine braid 003 as I was dying to see how it would look - so far I'm very happy with the results.

Stitches done: 269
Total stitches:  13375
Total backstitches: 63.62 inches
Stitches left: 4115

The daily posts are back, so I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully I shall meet the new deadline for this project: 30th June.

6 comments:

  1. So glad the wolf is back. I have enjoyed watching your progress on him.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He needed some downtime but I'm zooming along again :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad he's back now ^_^ I meant to ask you about him, but didn't want to push, and now it looks like the waiting really has payed off :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry my bf was keeping tabs o me about Wolf for you - and everyone else lol, he loves Wolf so much he didn't want Wolf to become a UFO ;)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.