Friday 19 May 2017

Friday Freebie: Power Flower Ornament

Sometimes the oddest things can lead to inspiration and end up as a pattern - this is one of those times. It all started with my bf having no power at his work and tweeting about it, me responding and saying I'd have a coffee for him and Vicki of the power company responding to that. It was a fun convo and set my thoughts on the right track to creating this little ornament - though it doesn't look much like power any more, it did when I started it.

The original plan was to do this in white on a khaki fabric but the 32ct evenweave was too fine and it didn't show as well as I wanted. For this reason I suggest using 14ct Aida or 28ct evenweave (or linen) or perhaps a fabric with a lower thread count, but over 2.

You will find 4 variations of the pattern in the pdf file, I did the first one I designed already and may well make more for my Christmas tree!

You can find the pattern here

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling bad for James for not having any power...but not TOO bad if we got a pretty pattern out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did still have his phone so could do stuff, but not much hehe - it's funny how one gets inspired by the most unexpected things.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.