Wednesday 10 May 2017

WIP Wednesday

Last week saw the finish of a row of mini squares on my Vakje per week - this week sees the start of a row of slightly larger squares. The pattern was challenging, despite my love of Algerian eye stitches, as the directional change kept on throwing me off - and let me tell you that it's no fun ripping out tiny Algerian eyes!
I decided to include a close up of the square of this week so you can see it better than on the main big picture. Algerian eye diamond grid with lazy daisy flower centres. I used DMC 94 for the grid and DMC Color Variations 4066 for the flowers.
One thing I noticed when pressing the embroidery before taking photo's is that I'm at the halfway mark of the fabric - or I will be when I've finished this row, so I'm going to have to make sure I don't make my boxes too big or the remaining 30ish boxes won't fit!
If I'd done any less work on my Linen and Threads 2017 Mystery Band Sampler Stitch Along I'd have probably not included it this week as I've been so busy with my journey project that I have not really worked on this. I did decide that perhaps the things on the sides of the pomegranate thing were more likely to be flower petals with the pomegranate thing actually being a flower centre so I've made them blue too - but I used DMC 124 instead of the DMC Color Variations 4230.
I shall probably not get much time to work on this till the journey project is completed.
Speaking of which this is where it is now - you can read more about it in today's blog post about it or by clicking "Journey" in the tags below to see all the posts.
The only other thing I worked on is the Friday freebie of last week, which is still not finish finished. You can find the pattern here

That's all for this week WIP wise - there were no finishes. So I'll see you again soon with another journey post, and Friday too for the freebie.

2 comments:

  1. I love the newest box - a lovely pattern, and that green colour is just lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of work but it does have a fun result :) I agree - it is :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.