Monday 16 February 2015

Celtic Wolf - WIP post 5

Above is the Celtic Wolf at 2697 stitches. Yesterday I took things slowly as befits a lazy Sunday and did a chunk of the background, first by doing the dark blue lines of background in the loops, then by doing all the red corner stones. After that I started filling in the rest with the lighter blue.
At the end of the day when I finished my last thread I was at 527 stitches, which annoyed me as that was 99 stitches above the required amount so I started a new thread and did one more stitch to round it off to 100 - crazy I know but 100 more feels better than "just" 99.

So yesterday my total stitches was 528 bringing the total to 3225, which is where I thought I'd be after 7 1/2 days so I'm 2 1/2 days ahead of my schedule!

See you tomorrow with another update.

7 comments:

  1. It looks great with the background fill in! Good for you being so much ahead already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It really does look better every time I take a photo :D

      Delete
  2. Wow this is coming out great. Now I can see the different steps in making the blue parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D True - i didn't think of that when I put the photo up. I'll include a close up of the background tomorrow so you can see it up close :)

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing, and I completely agree with your need to have 100 stitches instead of 99

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl!! I'm starting to really feel the berserker buzz coming my way...full steam ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.