Monday 27 February 2017

Neglected Floss SAL


A couple of weeks ago I mentioned the SAL I'm hosting in the cross stitch group Stitching Pirates on deviantArt. The idea behind the SAL is to use up threads you have in your stash that either need using up or have never been used, perhaps because you don't know what to use it for or because it's a variegated, silk or metallic thread you have not yet dared to use on a bigger project. The patterns are generally small, though occasionally the patterns tessellate well and I then give a larger pattern as a bonus. Sometimes I make a biscornu pattern and include a back, which could be a front too!

I'm on my second year of hosting it together with Carla who usually manages to stitch what I've designed before I post the pattern to dA, not always of course as life and other stitchy things happen. I myself have not always had time to stitch everything I've designed, but that was known to be likely before we even started as I had a lot in my plate at the time.

Some of the things I've made that I designed the patterns for that I did stitch are (other than the one at the top):









If you like what you see you can find the patterns in the group gallery of Stitching Pirates






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.